Proposal to merge CH Medical Practice, Chadderton and St Chads Medical Practice, Limeside and concentrate both services on the current CH Medical Site
We have written to all patients at both practices to let them know about the proposed changes and to invite them to participate on our consultation.
To recap, the shared clinical and managerial team at St Chads and CH Medical believes that providing services at the St Chads site on Lime Green Parade is no longer financially viable, so we are proposing merging the two practices together to consolidate the practices onto CH Medical’s Fields New Road site. This would mean the closure of the St Chads site on Lime Green Parade.
However, it is very important that we hear what our patients think, and balance this against all the other information we have to hand before deciding whether we want to apply for closure to the decision making body, the Primary Care Commissioning Committee at NHS Oldham Clinical Commissioning Group (the CCG).
The consultation will run until 10th November 2021.
How patients can get involved.
We are running a survey which can be completed online at:
https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/CHSTCHADS or you can pick up a paper copy from the Reception desk at either practice. The survey is the place to share your views as they will all be gathered together and reviewed.
Alternatively you can write to us at either practice, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also send any questions you may have to this email address.
We are also running events for you to hear more about the proposals and ask any questions you have. These are:
- Online meeting for St Chads patients – Monday 18th October 6-7pm
- Online meeting for CH Medical patients – Monday 1st November 6-7pm
- Face to face meeting (venue tbc) – Wednesday 6th October 5.30-6.30pm
You can register for any of these events by emailing email@example.com. If there is demand we will run additional events as needed.
After the consultation
When we have collated and reviewed the responses, we will decide whether to progress the proposals. If we do this, we would then make an application to the CCG to merge the practices and close the St. Chad’s site.
The CCG would then consider all the available information and views (including the survey) before making the final decision on whether to approve the proposal. If approved by the CCG, the earliest the changes could be implemented would be the end of March next year.